Tuesday 18 October 2011

Innocent Play

Room vacant, boxes full
pushed against the colourless walls.
Centered, faces mirrored,
the cold, hard cement floors beneath us,
as we begin to play.
Fingers wrapped tightly around the can.
Wrist cocks, back and forth
rattling comes from inside.
Finger applying pressure,
hissing, it is released,
sprayed until caught by plastic.
Deeply inhaled,
Me,
Then 
You,
My only ally.
Hand against my cheek
I can only see
A Slight nod, a readied look.
Knuckles fly straight towards me
Blackness.
Blurriness
 Your face slowly forms
I see your golden eyes
Wide with worry, eased with my smile.
Again, I say
Knuckles fly at me from the side
The room swings to the left
Blackness.
Blurriness.
Slowly your eyes into view,
wide with amazement, amusement.
The back of your throat exposed.
Unclenching your fist,
a red stain revealed.
Hand to my lip
its twin on the tips,
I bleed with no concern.
Again, I say
Knuckles fly straight towards me
Blackness.
Lids crack open
A small slit discloses the hollows.
It was supposed to be just for fun
but now the room is vacant,
Of colour
Of boxes
Of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment