Monday 17 October 2011

Fun House

They left me,
Without warning,
Insisting I would enjoy.
Alone, I catch a glimpse, an array of colour -
fluorescent fur and splattered paint.
a laugh, deep from the throat
echoes in the background.
A moist coating covers my palms.
Drumming faster,
My heart fights to escape. 
Down on all fours,
dragging my body through a tight
enclosed circling cylinder.
Hands and knees skinned,
spine slammed with each rotation.
Raw wounds burn,
hair stands, static.
They never prepared me for the pain.
Finally, an opening.
The ground is taken away,
a hard yellow tongue
in its place.
Twisting, curving left, then right.
Running out,
submerged in spheres of,
blue, red, green,
encaged in black rope reaching high above.
They told me to meet them by the EXIT,
But I am stuck,
Sinking deeply in.
If they don’t come soon,
IT will seek me.

No comments:

Post a Comment